Different choices of Food Service
Updated: Jan 22
1. STATIONS: You can have different choices of food around your venue, it could be in every corner or in different places of the venue and your guest will choose what they want to eat or try all of them. Your catering will have to cook or prepare more or enough of every choice so the people can enjoy them. They can be prepare in place or in advance everything depends in your choices of food.
2. BUFFET LINE SELF-SERVE: Your guest will serve themselves the amount and what they like to eat from the choices that have been serve at the buffet line. Servers will refill anything that is going empty and clean up afterwards. You have to pay for certain amount of food to be sure you have enough for everyone.
3. BUFFET LINE CAFETERIA STYLE: The servers will be behind the line serving just an small or perfect amount to each guest, and they won't be able to choose double pieces or return for doubles until everyone eat, to be sure there is enough for everyone.
4. PLATED-SERVE TO THE TABLE: Full service is one of the favorite choices for weddings, but remember your guests will eat just the amount they are serve and nothing more. You can choose to have different choices of entree and your guests can decide what they will like to eat or you can make a choice of two different entrees in one plate. The catering or venue will need to have more servers so they can complete the task in certain amount of time. So you probably won't pay to much for the food but for service.
5. FOOD TRUCKS: You can choose to have different kind of food choices for your guests of choose just one kind of food. The food will be prepare in place and fresh. But remember this can take a lot of time if you have a big group of guests. Ask them if they can have certain amount prepared in advance depending in what it is that you are serving, that way the line will run faster.
ALWAYS REMEMBER IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU CHOOSE YOU NEED TO WORK WITH YOUR TIMELINE, OTHERWISE EVERYTHING WILL BE OUT OF TIME AND CAN NOT BE ENOUGH TIME TO DO EVERYTHING YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO HAVE AT THE REC